Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm just barely reading the family blog. It's been since Nov. 5th!! Can't believe how time flies. Didn't Emily do a wonderful job on the tree? Yes, everyone say, ooh, aah! I really do appreciate her doing it. I got all the other decorations up, but just didn't have time for the tree. I have a relief society luncheon here tomorrow, the 10th, so I want everything to look good. Of course.

Grandpa's funeral service was really nice. What a quaint little cemetery. So pretty and green. Surprising since it's Mesquite, NV. The military did the 21-gun salute, dad played "Nearer My God to Thee" and my uncle dedicated the grave. I got to see cousins I haven't seen in 20 years. My one cousin, Sandy, said some pretty wonderful things about my dad. Grandma is hanging in there, she has a terrible cold and is of course, so sad. At the viewing on Thursday, she said she wished she could just climb into the casket with grandpa. I told her I was not ready for her to leave us.

I'm so looking forward to Christmas. Getting together on Saturday will be fun. Do we have a time, Janel? Also, could you possibly get a phone number for the Fry's nearest you, or we can decide what we want to order and you could order it? They probably need at least 24 hours. I can pay for it when I pick it up??? They'll provide sandwiches, a fruit platter, veggie platter, so what do we want for dessert? Also, maybe chips?? Get back with me.

I got up this am with dad (5:00 a.m.) and have all my business work done. Now, I've got to get to some projects I'm still working on. Love to you all. Have a wonderful day! Mom

1 comment:

Janel said...

awwwww, It breaks my heart hearing Grandma say that. I'd feel the same way if I were her though, honestly! I'm glad it was nice.

We can get together whenever on Saturday, it will depend on how early you can all get here. I'm up for whatever :D I'll do Desserts, And I'll take requests too! Can't wait!