Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wet, Wild Fun!!







Well, I know its been a while since the last post so here is an update.  
   We are all moved in here in Itaewon-dong.  Itaewon strip is a little PSYCHO but I'm getting along.  Walking sucks but its only 25 minutes to work.  But we have a nice view of the Han river from the roof.   We have a Master bed and bath, a living room, kitchen with a full sized refrigerator and washing machine, and an american sized dryer on the back porch.  There is a small bathroom for the dogs and two other bedrooms, but one is my sound room and the other is just empty for now.  It also leads to a little sunporch out back.  So all in all, its a nice little place for Korea.  
   Along with the rooms come two little ankle-biting dogs.  For the record, they are not my dogs.  I did not choose to purchase these dogs.  They came with the wife.  So I do my best to love them.  Sometimes they get a spanking but I can't smack too hard.  I just spend most of my time cleaning up the poop and pee they leave behind.  Sangun, the little dog with no hair, is sick right now so he doesn't always get to the bathroom on time.  Wonee, the bigger dog with all the hair, is kinda jealous of me over Sang Mi.  But I always make sure they get plenty of food and water and lovins.  They are such cute little buggers that you cant not love 'em.  But it feels like having resentful teenagers at home.  I work my but off to afford the nice canned food but when I come home, I'm still a stranger for a few hours until they remember me.  Oh well, maybe they are just prepping me for the future when I really have kids.  We plan on bringing them home after Korea but you never know, I could forget to do the quarantine paperwork :)  
  Anyways, Thanksgiving was good.  It was better to just have a break from work but tomorrow its back to the awfulness.  Maybe I need some in-country leave soon.  More time to spend with my new MacBook Pro!  I am now a two Mac household.  The only reason we have a PC is so Sang Mi can run her korean programs.  Otherwise, I'd just sell it for parts.  But she sends her love to you guys and we cant wait to see you in July.  Peace out.

No comments: