Sunday, March 8, 2009

Updates

Hey everybody!
  It's been a while since I contributed last, but now I've got things to talk about.  It looks like I'll be back home around the 15th of December for good.  I've saved enough leave to be back then so my military career will finally be complete.  Unfortunately it comes at the expense of the family reunion so my sincere apologies :(  It's been a difficult choice but one that must be made.  I just cant see myself doing this for much longer and need to expand out my horizons.
  Sang Mi and I are looking forward to starting a new life in Thatcher.  Our immediate goal is to go to school.  Not just me either.  She is planning on starting the road to becoming a veterinarian.  It's good to see her with such a good plan because we know how difficult it will be with the inevitable homesickness.  Right now our house is full of dogs and they all have such unique personalities.  The female Lilly is starting to adjust to family life and is already bossing the other two around.  I've never see such a little dog so fearless!  And she's the cute one.  We are leaving her un-spayed so we can one day let her have a litter or two of her own.  The boy dogs are neutered so there are no worries of a unexpected pregnancy so we can go at our own timeline.  The little alien looking dog, Sangun is back in the house for just a short while so he can get healthy again after his new owner failed to take care of him.  If I have my way, I want to keep him here for good.  I just hate to see such a good little guy sick like that.  Breaks my heart.  Wonee, our first dog, is feeling a little replaced by all of this so I hope he gets over it soon.  He's a handsome dog and a bit of a stud so I consider him our number one.  The Maltese breed is my favorite.  They are comfort dogs so at the end of the day, they just curl up in your lap and chill out.  Right now they have short hair, but we are letting it all grow out.  The breed is long-hair and non-shedding so they are extremely clean and hypo-allergenic.  I'm getting good at giving haircuts too! So much fun.
  As far as work goes, it still sucks but I get to go to Beijing, China in April.  We are also currently looking for a gig in Russia as well.  It's not my favorite music to play but whatever.  For the fun music right now, my side project is headlining the Hard Rock Seoul for the next couple of months.  Great gig with lots of perks!  My studio is finished as far as the basics go and I'll be working on a new CD in the next couple of days.  The extra money is nice since now its harder to save money when you're married.  Our resident Visa is going to cost about $1400 and we have to buy a one-way ticket for Sang Mi.  But we take two steps forward and one step back each month.  So we'll eventually get there.
  I miss you guys and can't wait to see all of you again.  Sorry it's later then sooner but when we meet again it will be for good.  Luv ya!

4 comments:

Katie DeRusha-Johnson said...

Hey Bummer we won't see you at the reunion. But If you can be here permenant in December I am all for it! Are you going to bring all your dogs to arizona?! haha that's awesome!

dblbass007 said...

Thanks Katie! Yeah, home for good. The dogs are definately coming with us. They are part of the family now.

Derushas said...

We are all so sad you won't be at the reunion, but the next time Bri is in town (after you're home for good) we'll get that family pic. Hope plans move forward. Love ya, Mom

mtcowgirl said...

Hi Nate and Sang Mi! I just read your post and it sounds like you're doing well. I guess I won't see you this summer either. Bummer. Just have to wait until Dec. I'm glad all is well and you're making plans for the future. All is well in Montana. Just waiting for summer to arrive. Still getting snow and cold but every once and a while a nice day so there's hope. Take care and I love you! Mom