Thursday, August 21, 2008


Ahn-Yong-Ha-Say-Oh!  It literally means "well doing".  Its just a little saying from here in the land of the morning calm.  Things here are quite awesome.  I just finished a week long drivers course for tactical military vehicles and can now get a Korean drivers license.   Yea for me!  Now I can rent a car in Korea for long distance trips to Busan beach or Daegu when I go to hang at the yo-jah chin-goo's family's house.  
Speaking of the yo-jah, I'm sure all of you would like some info, eh?  Her name is Lee Sang Mi, or Sang Mi (Lee is her family name) and she is from a smaller city in Korea called Dong-Daegu or just Daegu.  She is 24 years old and I met her in Uijongbu about 8 months ago.  We have been dating for 3 months and we hit our 100 days mark (a very important day in a Korean relationship) on Sept. 2nd.  I've met her mother and 2 aunts and a cousin and they all like me so far even though I'm a Mee-gook (American) and she is really self conscious of the fact she is Hang-gook (Korean) and thinks you guys won't like her.  But I told her Emily is still in the family so she has nothing to worry about!  Ha Ha, love ya Em!  But seriously, its kinda funny but more funny boo hoo than ha ha.  So help a brother out and please keep an open mind.  It's seriously the happiest I've ever been in my life and I know its because of her.  I'll fill you all in more as time goes by so stay tuned.  I love you guys and miss you!

  Nate

3 comments:

Katie DeRusha-Johnson said...

Ooh Nate tell you girl friend that she is very pretty! She shouldn't be nervous about us! Haha. I am happy for you! I seriously Miss you! Like for reals I am so excited for the reunion cause I get to see you!

Janel said...

I'm happy for you too, Natey! I"m assuming we'll be meeting the young lady in MN?? I think hte question will be.....will she keep an open mind about us?? LOL just kidding, we are all awesome, who wouldn't love us? :D Miss ya!

mtcowgirl said...

Hey Nate! It's Mom in Mt. Janel turned me on to the DeRusha site. Weird huh? But I love the picture and I don't think you should worry.