Thursday, August 21, 2008

my death sentence

So let me tell ya'll about my job. I work in an elementary cafeteria. Yes yes, so anyways there were 3 people: (we are all new) My manager, kinda weird but okay to be around, Myself, and this other lady who makes lunch ladies what they are. So I go into my second day of work, nervous and just..a little overwhelmed, and there is a note on the door that says my manager quit. So that's pretty bad. Not a good thing. I cried. Yes I am a whimp but it was horrible..so lon story short it's been me and the other lady and one of my bosses working at my school. So I start to get the idea that I'm not being paid enough for my job. My feet hurt, I'm worn out.ect.ect. So I decide I want more money and I don't want to be that "Lunch Lady" it hurts my ego. So what if I was the manager? more money, not so much a "lunch lady" I would do money and be the boss of the kitchen. So after only about 4 days of work I've been promoted to Manager. Dream come true? I think not. Stressful. Lots of..."wait what do I do" kind of crap. Lingo I just don't understand. AND it's only $9/hr with a hopeful raise at the end of the 90 day. But I guess usually my position would only get $8 But I am a hard worker :) So I have his new job that is stressfull. And hard to get used to and I don't have enough staff so I pretty much do enough work for 2 every day. And as the picture below shows, I burt myself getting an Extremly hot pan out of the oven. First thing in the morning. What a way to start the day...All in all, I am going to try to stick it out. :( It's really hard to get a job and I do like the schedual I have. So I'll update on how that goes. Today wasn't very fun so right about now I want to quit but...Walk it off right?? hm. BUT on the sunny side, I got my first Piano student!! And a hopeful second soon. So that was a motivator to go put up my flyers that have been sitting in my car for a week. So hopefully that goes good!!
Kameron is out hunting this weekend, bow hunting! He's so excited. He and his brother are staying out over night tonight and than going out all day saturday. I don't know if I want to start the deer head mounting thing though. haha. So anyways life is just going and pushing me along with it! Whoohoo what a ride!


ouch!

3 comments:

Janel said...

Oh my gosh, is that under your chin?? Yowch!! Hang in there, don't quit, you will be happy you stayed with it. Think about how much you are growing as a person!! I am so proud of you for taking on the responsibility and stepping up, seriously. Think about how hard the music teaching job was at first, and how great that turned out, I know you can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

How did you burn your chin?

Katie DeRusha-Johnson said...

I was pulling out a very hot pan and it just like gravitated into my neck...? it hurt so bad i wanted to just sit there and cry. I'm not sure how i did that. Nat's husband jacob, i showed them and he's all, it looks like you got branded. haha it was funny. but yeah it sucks