Monday, September 8, 2008

Advice!

So I have this job at the cafeteria. Well I'm not happy. Like yeah jobs suck and espciall the first month or so, But I'm really not happy. I dream about it. It keeps me up at night. It interferes with my Happiness!! I'm too much of a stressball and this is wayy...stressful! So if you were in my shoes what would you do? So I keep trying to look for the positive. You know make myself okay with it. the hours are really good. The pay isn't bad. and I really need a job cause life is expensive. So I can't just quit. Oh and it works out good for me to get piano students. Which is still only at one :( any advice on that too???? Should I look for another job? And there are other things that i don't like about the job besides the stress but i don't want to bore everyone. So what do I do?!

2 comments:

Janel said...

Hey Katie,

Probably the best thing would be to start looking for another job, but dont quit till you find one. Mabye it won't take you too long to find something you like, but if it takes a while at least you'll have a paycheck until it happens. I'm sorry that your job is poopy! You shouldn't have to be miserable all the time because of work. And try to just leave work at the door when you go home, don't let it follow you home!!

As far as piano students, the 2 times I taught I was approached and then it just kind of happened by word of mouth. I really like my student right now. She practices and is doing great. I might start teaching the neighbor girl too which would be great. What I do is just casually slip in in the conversation that I am teaching and usually the word gets around. Thats what I do for hair cutting and it really works. I've already done a few people in my new ward. You've only been there a couple months, so give it all a little more time. And keep job hunting!!!

Love ya!

dblbass007 said...

If your job sucks, quit. Life is not worth a headache for a measly paycheck. There is no contract keeping you there so do what makes you happy. Too many people stay in lame jobs. We come from an entrepreneurial family so think smart. And remember that teaching private lessons is really just baby-sitting. Only every once in a while you get a good student with potential. Until then, take the money and run.