Wednesday, September 3, 2008


Hey everybody!
  I'm just writing a little update about life here and thought I 'd share a few things that are going on.  Work is EXTREMELY hectic right now as we are slowly gearing up for the christmas season in just a few short months.  What christmas season prep means is that all of the individual organizations in the army are tying up the business loose ends of personnel comings and goings and the fiscal year closing at the end of this month.  Musically thing are going well as I have finally made the networkings happen and found a good Korean national drummer who's plugged into the jazz scene.  I should be heading into the studio next month to do a recording as well as some personal recordings with my 95% completed recording studio.  I'm just waiting on the speakers now!  As for army music, I'm heading to Wanju to perform in a Tatoo festival wich is just a fancy name for a marching band show where we pretend we are a High School band and make stupid formations on a field while playing songs like "Summer Lovin'," "Old Time Rock n' Roll," and "New York, New York."  As you can tell I'm not that thrilled by the situation.  But at least I recently played at the Ambassador to South Korea's residence and got to meet some really high profile people.  Almost makes me want to dabble in politics. :)  
  Things with the girlfriend are going well and I will be spending a couple days during a holiday call Chu-Sok with her and her family as they celebrate their ancestry and roots.  I feel quite privledged to be a part of both the ceremonies and fun stuff like going to an amusement park and having dinner and other various meals. I learn more about her every day and so far so good. She's a real blessing in my life and I'm just so lucky.
   I love all of you guys and miss you tons.  I also added a picture I'm using as my promo photo for our band press packet.  See you later!

   Nate

No comments: